Brent M. Langdon
Offices in the Texarkana office; born in Texarkana, Texas, July 21, 1964;
admitted to practice - State Bar of Texas, 1989; State Bar of Arkansas, 1990.
Education: high school - Texas High School, Texarkana, Texas, 1982; undergraduate
- Southern Arkansas University, Bachelor of Business Administration Degree,
1985; legal education - University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, Juris
Doctorate, December 1988.
- All state courts in Texas and Arkansas
- United States District Courts for the Eastern District of Texas, 1990,
and the Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas, 1990
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, 1997, and the Fifth
- Texas Super Lawyer 2010 - 2019
- Board Certified Family Law Specialist by the National Board of Legal Specialty
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers - Fellow
- Texarkana, Northeast Texas, Southwest Arkansas, and Arkansas Bar Associations
- Texas and Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel and the Defense Research Institute
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Litigation and Family Law Sections of the State Bar of Texas and Arkansas
Complex family law litigation, including divorce, custody modification,
contempt, adoption, termination, and property cases. Personal injury trial
law, wrongful death, products liability, toxic and environmental law and
tractor-trailer accidents. Business litigation, contract disputes, employment
/ wage litigation, non-compete agreements and debt collection. Local counsel
in state and federal court mass tort multi-party litigation and several
class action suits in both Texas and Arkansas, including commercial and
intellectual property litigation.
Mr. Langdon regularly appears in courts located in Bowie, Cass, Red River,
Morris, Lamar and Titus Counties in the State of Texas as well as Miller,
Little River, Hempstead, Nevada, Howard, Lafayette, Columbia, and Sevier
Counties in the State of Arkansas. His civil practice regularly involves
litigating cases, in both jury and non-jury trial settings, on a broad
range of issues, including complex family law matters, contract disputes,
and personal injury suits in state and federal courts in both Texas and Arkansas.
Neal v. Wisconsin Hard Chrome, Inc., 173 S.W.3d 891 (Tex. App.-Texarkana Div. 2005, no writ).
In re Pilgrim'
s Pride Corp., 187 S.W.3d 197 (Tex. App.-Texarkana Div. 2006).
In re Pilgrim'
s Pride Corp., 204 S.W.3d 831 (Tex. App.-Texarkana Div. 2006).
In re Toohey, 2006 WL 1708655 (Tex. App.-Texarkana Div., June 23, 2006) (unpublished).
Desai Hospitality, L.L.C. v. Patel, 2007 WL 2083660 (Tex. App.-Texarkana Div., July 19, 2007) (unpublished).
In re B.F.B., 241 S.W.3d 643 (Tex. App.-Texarkana Div. 2007).
Ansell Healthcare Products, Inc. v. Owens & Minor, Inc., 251 S.W.3d 499, Prod.Liab.Rep. (CCH) P 17,968, 51 Tex. Sup. Ct. J. 710
In re S.A.E., ---S.W.3d---, 2009 WL 2060087 (Tex. App.-Texarkana Div., July 17, 2009).
In re The Estate of Linda J. Velvin Deceased, 398 S.W. 3d 426; 2013 Tex. App. Lexis 4859 ( Tex. App. - Texarkana, 2012).
James J. Naples v. M. Mark Lesher, 2014 Tex. App. Lexis 4929, ( Tex. App. - Texarkana 2015).
Alexander, et al. v. Tutle and Tutle Trucking, et al, No. 15-2710 (8th Cir. 2016).
Morris v. Dickerson, ---S.W.3d---, 2012 Ark. App. 129, slip op.
McMillian v. Monticello Ins., 116 F. 3d 319 (8th Cir. 1997).
GLP v. Nutt, 190 Fed.Appx. 515 (8th Cir. 2006) (unpublished).
Meredith v. Clayton Homes, Inc., 2007 WL 1140407 (W.D. Ark., April 17, 2007) (unpublished).
Golden Harvest, Inc. v. Davis, 2009 WL 2044625, slip op. (W.D. Ark., July 09, 2009).
- Texarkana Ducks Unlimited - Area Chairman
- Court Appointed Special Advocates, Board of Directors- President
- Bowie County Levee Board, District 1- Secretary
- Texarkana Regional Airport Authority - Board Chairman
- Four States Fair and Rodeo Association - Board Chairman
- Texarkana Museum Systems- Treasurer
- Christus St. Michael Foundation Board
- Teen Court of Texarkana - Judge
- Temple Center - Easter Seal VIP
- Southwest Arkansas High School Rodeo Association - Vice President
- Arkansas High School Rodeo Board
- Williams Memorial Methodist Church - Finance Committee, Pastor Parish Relations,
and Administrative Counsel