Texarkana Elder Abuse Lawyer
Helping Victims of Elder Abuse in Texarkana and New Boston
Elder abuse appears to be a growing problem in our society. It is an issue that, while uncomfortable to address or imagine, is something that we all must be able face and be educated about. In this way we will be able stop it’s spread. No one wants a loved one to fall victim of such intolerable and horrific treatment. Yet it is the elderly, who so often cannot speak for themselves. And that, of course, is one reason these crimes are perpetrated upon them. The perpetrators think that no one will find out, care and do anything about it.
We must safeguard and protect our elderly from harm. If you suspect that you or a family member or friend is the target of such abuse, there are solutions and legal remedies, which may apply. The Texarkana injury lawyers at Langdon Davis are practiced in elder abuse law and are determined and committed to see that it be stopped and the perpetrators punished.
Categories of Elder Abuse
There are a few main categories of elder abuse, which may be of help to you or your loved ones in looking over your particular situation. Unfortunately, each of these categories is more common and serious than most people would think. In looking at this list and descriptions, you should decide if you or your loved are suffering from elder abuse. If you decide there is a valid issue, please do not hesitate to contact the law offices of Langdon Davis as soon as possible:
- Financial Abuse or Negligence - deals with the actions of theft of money, property, or goods; breach of contracts, embezzlement of funds or misappropriation of funds or possessions, land, goods. Also, financial abuse can be money, property or goods or wills obtained from the elder person through deception or intimidation. Often elder people rely on the help of caretakers or family members to take watch over their resources. Unscrupulous persons may take advantage of this and make attempts to take such items, which have fallen under their care. Elder financial abuse may be carried out by caretakers, scam artists, significant others, or even family members or beloved friends.
- Emotional Abuse - may be defined as when the elderly person is continually being verbally degraded, insulted, put down, etc. The elder person is made to feel inferior and often made hyper aware of their age or illness.
- Threat of Punishment - can be said to be when someone threatens or yells or scares the elderly person into compliance.
- Humiliation - this comes in many variations, both public and private.
- Deprivation - this aspect can be said to cross over into physical and emotional abuse because it is the withholding of things- medication, food, water, or even attention.
- Abandonment - Mature adults need interaction and a feeling of fulfillment. Abandonment is a complete lack of concern for the well being of the elderly person other than the most basic, fundamental needs.
- Physical – Unfortunately the elderly, like children, can suffer being badly treated in a physically. Being elderly they cannot protect themselves. Any treatment that incurs strange marks, bruising, fractures, broken bones or any other unusual physical changes should be suspect. Most caregivers are concerned and loving people but a few are compelled to hurt and maim.
If you or someone you love is the target of elder abuse, contact the Texarkana injury lawyers at Langdon Davis immediately! The Langdon Davis lawyers are in Texas and Arkansas are experienced, dedicated, caring and concerned for elderly persons well -being and safety.
I have to say, when I hired Brent Langdon in November 2013, I was a very hopeless, desperate person. My daughter had been turned over to her father when I did not show up for a court date. I was not properly notified of a court date by him nor his attorney. So, I decided, "I'm tired of this. I'm going to find the best lawyer I can find." So I went to Langdon Davis. Initially, I was there to see Demaris Hart. However, she was not there at that time (I did not have an appointment with her, I just walked in the office). I spoke with the woman at the front desk about meeting with Demaris, and she said she was not there at that time but there was another attorney who I could talk with about my case. I went back and spoke with Brent about my situation and he said he'd take it on. A few months later, we had a court date and got the order my ex filed overturned. My ex has consistently given me problems since then, though. We have been in and out of the court room from day one, with him trying to take our daughter away from me. Brent Langdon has stuck by my side through every bit of it. Not to discredit Demaris whatsoever by this statement, I have read her profile and know she is a great attorney also, but I am SO glad I hired Brent. That was the best decision I have ever made. This man has LOYALLY stayed by my side through all of this litigation. He has fought for me and my daughter from day one. And I'm glad to say, last week we won our case. If you are looking for an attorney to help you, guide you, be prepared for your case without any worry on your end, and most importantly FIGHT for you, this is your lawyer. Trust me. You will see the passion he has, and the incredible law knowledge he has studied 25+ years for. Respectfully submitted, A PROUD Brent Langdon client
Brent Langdon is the most effecient and professional attorney I have had the pleasure to work with.- Former Client
He was tough with negotiations. At the end of the day he was able to get a deal that wasn’t only fair for me but for my child. After hiring a less than average attorney I realized quick you get what you pay for, I then hired Brent . Brent is expensive but hes good, fair and honest. I’d recommend Brent to anyone in Arkansas or Texas.- Former Client