Demaris A. Hart
Offices in Texarkana office; born in Crossett, Arkansas, September 24, 1951; Admitted to practice State Bar of Arkansas 1977, State Bar of Texas, 1986.
Education: High School-Hamburg High School, Hamburg, Arkansas, Valedictorian, 1969. - Undergraduate-University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, Bachelor of Arts, 1973. - Legal Education-University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, Juris Doctorate, 1977.
- Board Certified in Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, since 1993.
- All state courts in Texas and Arkansas
- Arkansas and Texas Bar Associations
- Local and area bar associations
- Family Law sections of the Texas and Arkansas Bar
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Two terms as Member of District 1B Grievance Committee, Texas
Practice limited to Family Law, including divorce, complicated property cases, custody and child support, modification, termination and adoption, and paternity. Demaris has been representing families and children in Southwest Arkansas and Northeast Texas for many years. She is also a mediator in family law matters and is regularly appointed by the courts as an ad litem attorney for the child, or an amicus attorney to the Courts.
No longer takes appellate work—but has previously handled successful appeals in both State courts and the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals. Co-author of the
Arkansas Family Law Practice Manual. Speaker at local and State Bar events on topics involving oil and gas law in Arkansas, and Family Law in Arkansas and Texas.
- Former Secretary and President, Texarkana Bar Association
- Start up Board Member of CASA of Texarkana and Let's Talk About Kids, a divorcing parent's education program
- Former Board member of Haven Home, Inc.
- Texarkana Easter Seals Society
- Teen Court of Texarkana
- Graduate of Leadership Texarkana
- Member of the year Texarkana Arkansas Booster Club
- Volunteer work with Salvation Army
- Domestic Violence Center and Randy Sams' Homeless shelter
- Member First United Methodist Church, Texarkana, Arkansas
Family: Husband, George Mills; Son, Houston Mills